2019 is the 50th anniversary of the first time human beings set foot on the Moon. This summer’s astronomy day camps for our older students will focus on that achievement, while camps for younger kids teach the basics about our corner of the galaxy.
Why choose Casper Planetarium Summer Camps for your kids?
- planned by education professionals.
- taught by staff who are enthusiastic about science and love sharing that enthusiasm with kids.
- small groups mean every student gets personal attention.
- narrow age range in each group, so kids receive instruction at the level that’s right for them.
- cultivating an early love of science can open countless opportunities in their future.
- affordable prices.
Our Camps for 4-year-olds and 5-year-olds still have a few openings:
J une 10 – 14, 1 – 2:30 pm: “Launches & Landings” for 7 & 8 year olds ; $35 per child. Find out what it takes to get a rocket into space and bring it back safely.SORRY, THIS CAMP IS SOLD OUT.
une 17 – 21, 1 – 3 pm: “Mission to the Moon” for 9 & 10 year olds ; $40 per child. Learn the history and science behind the historic Apollo Moon Missions.THIS CAMP IS OVER. June 24 – 28, 1 – 3:30 pm: “Rocket Science” for 11 year olds and up; $45 per child. Getting a rocket to the Moon and back was an amazing achievement for 1960’s technology. How did they do it … and how is that technology changing today?SORRY, THIS CAMP IS SOLD OUT.
- July 22 – 26, 1 -2 pm; “Sunbeams” for 4 year olds; $30 per child. Kids learn about our nearest star, the Sun, through stories, song, and activities.
- July 29 – August 2, 1 – 2 pm; “Moonbeams” for 5 year olds; $30 per child. Kids learn about our closest neighbor, the Moon, through stories, songs, and activities.
A ugust 5 – 9, 1 – 2 pm; “Solar System Explorers” for 6 year olds ; $30 per child. Kids learn about our neighborhood in space — planets, moons, comets and more — and how our planet Earth is unique.SORRY, THIS CAMP IS SOLD OUT.
To register, please click HERE to download a printable registration form. You can mail it or bring it to the Planetarium along with your payment (cash or check only; we can’t take cards, which is why you can’t just register online). Our address is 904 North Poplar, Casper, WY 82601.